Our summer escape
Shunya Mistigri is our summer escape in India. It is located near the villages of Gushaini and Bathad in a little known Himalayan paradise within easy walking distance of the biodiverse Great Himalayan National Park , a UNESCO world heritage site.
It offers adventurous nature loving families and small groups of friends vintage summer home experiences:
- Gourmet food created with home grown organic artichoke, asparagus, courgette, lettuces, wild strawberries….
- Home baked cakes, breads and tarts made with cold ground grain grown in village homestead gardens.
- World class wild brown trout fishing with spinner and fly in a river which runs through the garden. Luxury bathing in hot tubs and many natural swimming pools and waterfalls.
- Zen beaches, orchards and picnic spots on or close to the property.
- Spectacular walks with panoramic views to neighboring villages where a shamanic Himalayan lifestyle still prevails.
- A base camp for long plant and mushroom identification walks and wildlife observation treks.
(The elusive snow leopard, blue sheep and western tragopan are amongst the animal species observable ‘in our backyard’.)
- Mountain biking routes.
The summer house comes staffed up to our usual Shunya standards with resident chefs, butlers, gardeners and security.
It’s simply a heavenly place to gather with special people for experiences which will stay with you for a lifetime.
“This is the sort of crazy place in the middle of nowhere which you cannot find at any price on the mainstream luxury market…”
Vikram Sundarji ‘Founder Shunya’
Ground floor suite
Apartment sized open plan suite with panoramic river and mountain views. Bedroom plus large lounge where two more can sleep. Luxury bathroom with hot tub. Closet for clothes.
First floor suite
Apartment sized open plan suite with panoramic river and mountain views. Bedroom plus large lounge where two more can sleep. Wood burning stove. Luxury bathroom with hot tub. Closet for clothes.
Two Couple tents with attached bathroom each
Coming soon. Inquire at time of booking.
Contact us here for customised bookings.
Information for our guests
Check-in: 2:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 pm
The Eco Lodge comes staffed up to our usual Shunya standards with resident chefs, butlers, gardeners and security.
We only rent the Eco Lodge to one group at a time for reasons of exclusivity so its also a great honeymoon and romantic holiday destination.
You can get to the Eco Lodge by Car, or Air. For tips and best routes, get in touch. Chandigarh is the best metro from where to catch a flight or cab.
As per new government tax guidelines we sell all rooms as between 2499/ to 7499/ per day depending on the season and occupancy situation. The taxes vary between 12% to 18% depending on the room price and are added to our basic per room rate. You will be informed of our offer price when you specify your dates.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
Guests can pay by either credit card through our own gateway or bank transfer. They need to first specify dates, numbers and villa suite/room priorities. We then send them a customised quote which will vary between 2499/ per room to 7499/ per room depending on the time of year and occupancy situation. GST the govt tax will be levied at between 12 to 18% on the gross amount depending on the room price levied. A hundred percent advance is normally required for a confirmation.
All payments are non-refundable once made. In cases of genuine provable emergency, last minute changes of date will not lead to the advance being forfeited, however. So the booking can be shifted within a one calendar year period from the booking date.
Shunya Kaju Varo
Shunya Honeymoon Suite
- 2 guests (max 2 adults + 2 children + 1 baby)
- 1 double bed
- Extra beds: Sofabed + 1 baby cot
- Features: Phone, WiFi Internet, Safe box, Air-Conditioning, Fan, Bathrobes, Coffee/tea making
Note: Ok for toddlers as long as main door leading to suite is kept locked.